Saturday, February 21, 2009

Hannah's Enemy

I think she's beginning to sense that it is coming. She might even know when Jeremy and I are talking about it. I think sometimes she begins to scream just out of anticipation, sort of to try and prepare herself for its arrival.

I'm talking about the dreaded blue bulb syringe. Hannah has had a cold for the past few days and the amount of snot in her nose is out of control. Sadly for Hannah, the only way Jeremy and I can get it out, is to use the bulb syringe - otherwise known as the instrument of torture. Oh, the screaming that ensues while we are "sucking her brains out." Not literally (duh!), but that's sort of what it feels like. The snot just keeps coming and coming and Hannah just screams and screams, which of course just breaks my heart. I feel like when I'm using it, she is looking at me with a look that says, "Mama, why are you doing this to me? I thought you love me?" 

It's just downright terrible. I hope this cold doesn't last too much longer - none of us are having any fun. 

1 comment:

Erin Morgan said...

Finnegan was like that too and then when he was around 12-15 months, he actually would sit still for me to do it! But then in month 16, he didn't like it again, and actually got his first nose bleed because he was fussing so much and he fussed right into the pointy end. NOT FUN!!!