Monday, October 6, 2008

Things I'm Looking Forward To...

This afternoon as I left the doctor's office, and again he had zero good news for me, I began thinking of all the things I'm looking forward to. You know, the things I've gone without for the past nine months. Don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to meeting this little girl and everything has been worth it. But, there are certainly things I just can't wait to welcome back into my world.

*Regular Pepsi
*Belts
*Pants that have zippers and buttons
*Shirts that button
*Shirts that don't have a tie in the back
*Shaving without it being a workout
*Sleeping in my own bed
*Regular coffee
*Wearing my wedding ring
*Painting my toenails -- again, without it being a workout
*Picking up Molly
*Walking quickly down the hallways at school
*Having a normal belly button
*Fitting my feet into shoes
*Not having to go to the bathroom every hour, on the hour
*Having a lap again

Now, I'm a realist, I know that these things may not come immediately, but a girl can dream, yes? Really, I'm just ready for the "pregnancy" part to be over and the next part to begin. Does it sound a little like a pity party? Probably, and for that I'm sorry. I really am doing okay and I really do have patience. Today was just a hard day and so it seemed inevitable that a pity party would happen. I'm sure tomorrow, after I've had a good nights "sleep," things will look up.

No matter what, as my doctor keeps telling me, she will come out. Right now it's just a matter of not really knowing when....yeah, not a lot of help, but he's trying.

3 comments:

Jen Rouse said...

When I was pregnant with my first, I went to the doctor on my due date and she checked me and cheerfully told me that there was nothing going on to indicate labor would start anytime soon, and she thought it might be another week.

I immediately burst into tears.

When you're at the end of your ninth month of pregnancy, you are just SO ready to be done with all the discomforts of your condition and want to move on to the next thing! I totally understand how you're feeling right now. And believe me, once you get through labor, you will enjoy all those things you're dreaming about! Plus, you'll have your beautiful baby girl in your arms. Just hang in there.

Sara said...

Cassie,

I know how you feel. I am on a daily count-down and am looking forward to all the things on your list, but something to add to the list is a really good coffee without having to worry about the caffine. Amen girlfriend! I'm praying for you and can't wait to share baby pictures and all the fun times of motherhood. I just wish we lived closer. Keep me posted!

Erin Morgan said...

Cassie - I also went through all that you're going through. It is very common. As Jen said, I had the same experience. at 35 weeks, I went to the hospital after experiencing early labor. And then went to my appt at 38 weeks and was told that my 3cm was now 0cm. As I walked out to make my appt for the following week, I was in tears. I felt like an idiot. I thought for sure he's say "Great! You're at 4cm and you'll go anyday". But it wasn't so. I cried all the way to work and was so frustrated. I wanted Finnegan to be born so badly. And as things would play out, he had no intentions to come out properly anyway!

Those things are your list are ever so precious when they happen again. And yes, they won't all be perfect the the first time you experience but they are each a blessing. Enjoy your last moments before your sweet girl arrives. As life will not be the same once she arrives. :) Hugs - erin