Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cauliflower

Throughout my pregnancy, I have been receiving weekly email updates from a couple of different websites. These websites exist to keep parents-to-be in the "know" about what is currently going on with the pregnancy. How the baby is developing, what to expect at the doctor's appointments, etc.

They also like to try and give you an idea of what your baby looks like. Each week and/or month, my growing child has been compared to some sort of food, usually something from the produce department. At first, this didn't seem strange to me. It was helpful and was a good visual for me. As I wandered through the grocery store, I would see a lemon and think to myself, "Ah, the baby is that big right now."

However, this week, when reading my weekly email, I was a little disturbed by the contents. Apparently at this point in the pregnancy (a little over 27 weeks) my baby girl, who is approximately 15 inches long and weighs a little over 2 pounds, is the same weight as a large head of cauliflower. Cauliflower? Really? That's the food we decided to go with? I absolutely despise cauliflower. How it looks, how it smells, how it tastes, everything about it I can't stand! And this is what my sweet baby girl is being compared to?


I am not okay with this! Today, when I am at the grocery story, I will find something else that weighs approximately 2 or 2 1/2 pounds and that is what I will compare my baby girl to. She will not be a head of cauliflower!!

3 comments:

Jen Rouse said...

Broccoli? Cabbage? Maybe a very small melon? Some sort of squash or gourd? The possibilities are just endless.

Amber Leann said...

Well I personally love cauliflower. So it was ment to be!!!

Erin Morgan said...

Have you found another possibility for your sweet baby girl's size? Thanks for the comment about Ellen. I am a huge fan. When we met in college, I always thought that there was something in you that reminded me of myself. :)