Tuesday, July 1, 2008

New Addiction

A few weeks ago, Jeremy and I decided to change cable companies. We had a plethora of reasons for changing, but mainly to save money. With our change in companies, we are now getting many more channels and spending less money. To me, that is a win-win situation. However, with the addition of new channels, comes the addition of a new addiction. I have discovered the fun that is Jon & Kate Plus 8.

If you have never watched this show, you should. It is so refreshing and enjoyable to watch because this couple, along with their 8 children (a set of twins and a set of sextuplets, all under the age of 8), are so real. The parents get frustrated with each other and aren't afraid to show it. The kids aren't perfect and discipline is key to teaching these children right from wrong. You can also tell from the very beginning that these parents love their children and desire nothing more than to give them a good life.

While I sing the praises of this show, the problem is that it has sucked me in! I'm addicted! I believe they are on season 4, so I've been busy trying to catch all of the reruns of past episodes. I think it's safe to say that Jeremy thinks I have a problem. I do feel guilty sometimes, sitting there just watching TV. But then, I remind myself that I am on summer vacation. I have worked hard all during the school year, many times 12-14 hours a day. Even now, during my "vacation," I am taking a grad class for 6 hours a week, tutoring 6 students, and working in my school's office every morning, M-F. So I think it's okay if I want to sit and watch a little mindless television. :)

No comments: