Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!

Happy Independence Day! July 4th is definitely a favorite holiday of mine. I've loved it since I was a little girl. It's always a good day of fun, food, family, and fireworks.


I love that it's usually not super hot, but just about right. I love that as Americans, we haven't completely commercialized it yet. We haven't really changed the meaning of the holiday by encouraging giving gifts or making special candy just for this holiday. For the most part, we've kept it about America. A day to celebrate the amazing freedom we have in our country. This is the day to celebrate that I can worship whatever God I choose and you can worship whatever God you choose. As a woman, I can celebrate the freedom to vote, to work, to have the same rights as men.

So, have a wonderful 4th of July. As you decide to BBQ or play baseball or watch fireworks, remember that because of the events
of this day, many years ago, you have the freedom to do those things.

And, a Happy Birthday to my nephew, who 11 years a
go today, came into our family. He's definitely our family firecracker! :)


No comments: